My Journey with Plant Medicine & Psychedelics – Part 2
Welcome to another episode of the Soul Surgery Podcast, I am honoured to have you here. This week is another SOLO episode where I continue to share my journey with plant medicine.
This episode begins ten years on from my initial experience with plant medicine. For ten years, I truly believed that my relationship with ayahuasca had finished after my first trip to Peru. I had learned so much and had such a profound awakening and experience with aya, but it had also been extremely challenging. The hours of purging, facing my dark night of the soul and the deep, unrelenting introspection was a lot, and I felt certain I could close that door for good.
That was until one day, ten years later, when I was driving, and a song came on from a CD I had purchased in Peru. The music awoke something in me, and I just knew, “I need to go back to the jungle.”Once again, I heard the call of plant medicine loud and clear.
Suddenly, everywhere I turned, these messages kept appearing, each one telling me that I needed to sit with ayahuasca and listen to her teachings again. I received a serendipitous email from my dear friend Emma Cannon about an alignment master training in the Amazon for healers. The incredible Gabor Mate was hosting the retreat, and I knew immediately that I needed to be there.
In this episode, I share what I learned in these ayahuasca ceremonies and how I healed my most profound trauma through the power of plant medicine. Through these lessons, my marriage was given new life, my self-worth renewed, and I was finally able to heal at the tap root of my pain and genuinely love myself.
Thank you so much for listening to Part 2 of my Plant Medicine Journey. Psychedelics and plant medicines have changed my life in such a profound way, and I hope that as soon as the borders open again, I can return to the rainforest and continue this powerful maturation work.
If you want to experience plant medicine, I encourage you to work with the right people who lead with integrity and pure intentions. These plants aren’t a game. They are tremendously powerful teachers. Approach them with an open heart, a desire to learn and complete humility. If you do so, they will treat you well and serve your deeper maturation.
I would be so grateful if you could leave a review on iTunes, and we can share this message of healing and wholeness with as many people as possible.
- Why I decided it was time to go back to the Amazon and re-engage with plant medicine healing.
- How the lessons I learned in Peru completely transformed my marriage, my business, and aligned me with my soul’s purpose.
- The powerful messages that ayahuasca can share with us and how to properly prepare your body and soul for a plant medicine journey.
- Why it’s so important to find the right facilitator for your plant medicine experience.
- How to integrate the shifts and wisdom you have received from plant medicine into your daily life once you return home.
- Why I feel this experience prepared me to fully show up in the world during this global pandemic and enabled me to hold space for others as we move into this new paradigm.