Green Protein Boost Smoothie Bowl
Print this recipe!
This smoothie is one of my families favourites. It is so simple and delicious. It is full of greens, protein with just enough sweetness which is something I tend to really crave in the mornings.
The oats and protein boost from the peanut butter and hemp will give you a good source of energy to get through the morning and the flax meal is amazing for strengthening your digestive tract and therefore helping the break down of food production to become really efficient and strong.
You can either make it a little thicker to have as a smoothie bowl or add a little more almond milk for it to be thinner and can be drunk in a glass.
Also for you mammas out there, this is a winner with the kids and such a great way to get a good boost of minerals into their system in the mornings. Spirulina is a sea vegetable and absolutely full of rich minerals such as calcium and iron and amazing for boosting our immune system as well as supporting our hair, skin, bones, teeth and nail growth.
Of course this can be had at any time of the day too, not just for breakfast. It makes a great snack when you’re craving something west but don’t have time to make an actual dessert.
I hope you enjoy it!
(Serves 2 adults and 1 child)
- 2 Frozen or Unfrozen Bananas
- 1 1/2 Avocado, skin and pip removed
- 2 Tbls Oats
- 225g Organic Spinach Leaves (Fine also if you don’t have organic, just give them a good wash)
- 2 Tbls Sugar-Free Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 Tsp Hemp Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Spirulina Powder
- 1 Tsp Wheatgrass
- 3 Tsp Flax-meal
- 600- 720ml Almond Milk (Depending on how thick you want it)
- 2 Tbls Maple Syrup (Optional)
- 1 Handful of Fresh Spinach Leaves or Pea Shoots for topping
– Add everything to a blender or nutribullet (except the fresh leaves for topping) and use the smallest amount of milk first and then add more later if you want it thinner.
– Blend till really smooth and creamy and add the fresh leaves on top.
– Voila! Serve with your favourite extra toppings.