Whole Roasted Lemon & Dill Artichokes
Print this recipe!
This recipe is the simplest in the world and yet it creates something so delicate, so decadent and so delicious.
There is something about whole artichokes that just seem abundant. They are stunningly beautiful and boy, do you have to work hard to get to that delicious meaty heart in the centre.
Make these for guests you have coming over or just to pamper yourself one evening. You barely have to do anything to cook them but be ready with a flannel or finger bowl when it is time to eat.
Just keep peeling back the outer layers until you get to the most delicious meaty middle which is your treat for all your hard work.
Enjoy my loves
- 6 Artichokes, cut in half
- 3 Lemons, cut in half
- Olive oil
- 2 Pinches Sea Salt Crystals
- Few sprigs of fresh Dill
– Preheat oven to 175 degrees C
– Place artichoke halves in a roasting dish, heart side up
– Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle salt crystals and then squeeze the juice of the 3 lemons over the artichokes and place directly into the pan around the roasting dish
– Add on a few rounds of the pepper grinder.
– Bake for 25-30mins but check after 20mins
– The artichokes should be really crispy and golden, turning in colour but not burnt. Scatter the fresh dill over the artichokes and enjoy straight from the pan!