Speckled Chocolate & Pear Muffins
Print this recipe!
Yum yum yum! These are the absolute perfect tea time treat and are so quick and easy to make – I literally just put them together in the middle of my work day and it took almost no time or effort at all.
Pears are so in season at the moment in the UK and I’ve just returned from staying at a friend’s house over the weekend helping ourselves to pears from their abundant tree in the garden. We literally returned with a huge bag full so I’m obliged to make as many pear related recipes as I can bear!
So this is my pear recipe for today and I am certainly not complaining.
- 180g Spelt Flour or GF White Self Raising Flour
- 240ml Brown Rice Syrup or Maple Syrup
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 60g Raw Cocoa Powder
- 60g Raw Cocoa Nibs
- 1 Tbls Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Pears (Peeled, cored and cubed)
- 60ml Olive Oil
- 120ml Rice Milk
– Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees
– Mix all dry ingredients together but please put everything through a sieve to keep out the lumps. Add the cocoa nibs and coca powder
– Mix all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl plus the cubed pears
– Mix dry and wet together and mix well but do not over mix. Just enough to get rid of all lumps and for flour to be mixed in well
– Add batter to cupcake holders in a cupcake tray – fill them to 3/4 to the top.
– Put in the oven for 20-25min or until a knife can be put through comes out clean
– Leave to cool on a wire rack for 5-10min
Voila! Enjoy! xx