Raw Caramel Fudge Nut Brownies
Print this recipe!
I am enjoying my first weekend to myself in three years, since I was pregnant and before I became a mamma. And I must admit, I’ve really, really needed it!
I’d forgotten what it felt like to be able to think soley of myself and take care of only my own needs. I’d forgotten what it felt like to be able to just drift through my day checking in with myself every now and then and just going where my heart and body wants to take me. It has been absolute bliss, medicinal, and just what I’ve needed. I promised myself as my mini-break weekend date with myself began, that I was going to completely pamper myself and give myself whatever I really wanted.
And one thing that I’ve been craving all day long, are delicious gooey brownies. As I picked up my veg at the market this morning my head was thinking “gooey brownies”. And then as I got home and had a lovely luxurious hot bubble bath I was thinking “gooey brownies”. I decided to take a quick nap to recover my energy and the moment I woke up “gooey brownies”.
And so these delicious gooey brownies were born! They are so rich, scrumptious and hit that comfort factor craving right on the spot.
Also they are unbelievable simple and easy to make with no flour or baking involved. Only full of natural sugars, nuts and a little coconut oil.
I really hope you enjoy them!
(Makes 10 brownies)
- 200g Ground Almonds
- 120g Raw Cocoa Powder
- 3-4 Tbls Maple Syrup
- 60ml Melted Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 300g Medjool Dates
- 150g Roughly Chopped Toasted Cashew Nuts
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 175g Medjool Dates (Soaked for 1 hour)
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbls Cashew Butter
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- 2 Tbls Maple Syurp
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- 130g Toasted Brazil Nuts (Roughly Chopped)
- 60g Raw Cocoa Powder
– To make brownies: Add the ground almonds, cocoa powder and sea salt into a food processor and start mixing until combined. A few minutes
– Then begin adding the dates one at a time through the top whilst it is mixing. You are aiming to get a good cookie crumble texture but when you pinch it together it sticks together
– Then add the maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil and mix a few more moments until all mixed well
– Then add cashew nuts and mix for a few seconds so that nuts are mixed in well but still rough shapes
– Then fill out a lined baking dish and press the brownies down with your hands so that it becomes really firmly pressed in. Put in the freezer for 1 hour
– To make caramel: Add all ingredients to the food processor and start to mix really well until it becomes a nice thick cream
– Spread over the top of the brownies and put back into the freezer to continue setting
– To make nut topping: Add toasted brazil nuts to the food processor and pulse until the nuts are roughly chopped. Then cover the top of the brownie with the nuts and dust cocoa powder on top of everything
Voila! You’re done. Now all you need to do it eat! Enjoy x