Peanut Butter & Jelly Buttercups
Print this recipe!
Well…. There’s not a huge amount to say about these but…. OH MY GOD!! Yup. That’s it.
They are amazing, delicious, not too sweet, but sweet enough and hit that emotional sweet spot that we all have when we are searching frantically around our house for that….certain something.
Peanut Butter and Jelly! A lifelong, winning combination that just rockets me back to my childhood in 30seconds (The time it takes me to eat one of these).
Now turn it into chocolate! Peanut Butter and Jelly Chocolate!
Nuf said. Enjoy xxx
Oh and for those of you that don’t often use Raw Cocoa Butter you can order it on amazon and get it in most health-food shops. xx
- 375g Sugar-free Smooth Peanut Butter
- 220g Raw Cocoa Butter
- 1 Tsp Sea Salt Crystals
- 180ml Cup Brown Rice Syrup or Maple Syrup
- 9 Heaped Tsp Sugar-free Strawberry Jam
- A little coconut oil for lining the cupcake liners
- A little Sugar-free Cocoa Powder to dust over the top.
– First boil the kettle. Then cut up the cocoa butter into small bite sized chunks
– Add some boiling water to the bottom of a medium sized pan and place a glass bowl over the top of the pan. Make sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the boiling water
– Turn the heat on the stove and place the chunks of cocoa butter into the glass bowl and with a wooden spoon let it begin to melt
– Keep stirring until all the cocoa butter has melted into a clear liquid
– Take it off the heat and place on the sideboard
– Now add the peanut butter, sea salt and sweetener to the bowl and blend until creamy with a hand blender
– Take a cupcake tray and place 9 cupcake holders/liners in them and with your finger very lightly line each one with some coconut oil
– Begin to pour the peanut butter cocoa butter mixture into each cupcake holder until
it is 1/4 full.
– Then using a teaspoon, add a heaped spoonful of sugar-free strawberry jam into each cupcake holder. Go on, don’t hold back! This is the good stuff!
– Now pour the remaining peanut butter mixture to cover each layer of jam so each buttercup is fully covered
– Place the tray in the freezer and let it all set. It should take 30min but you want it to be fully set so try to be patient!
– Once done, dust some cocoa powder over the top of them all through a sieve and now all you gotta do now is pop one in your mouth and revert back to being 6 years old again! Happiness!