Flourless White Almond Butter Apple Crumble
Print this recipe!
We had the most amazing apple harvest this year. We are so so blessed to not only have our own big beautiful garden but also to have the gifts of our neighbours great big giant apple tree that hangs over into our garden and she always tells us ‘Whatever you can reach you should take’.
I almost can’t believe it that we live bang in the middle of Hackney but are lucky enough to have so many beautiful fruits and veg growing all around us.
So we had ALOT of apples and here’s a variation on a good old classic. I didn’t want to stray too far off peak and do anything too whacky as apple crumble is simply perfect as it is in my books!
In this recipe I mix in the most delicious creamy white almond butter with the cooking apples and the whole thing just melts into a creamy, rich gooey delicious mess! Yum.
- 10 Medium Cooking Apples
- 140g Raisins
- 3 Tbls White Almond Butter
- 270g Oats (GF ones if needed)
- 100g Almond Flour
- 100g Dessicated Coconut
- 3 Tbls Coconut Oil
- 4-5 Tbls Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 Tbls Cinnamon
- Sea Salt
– Pre-heat oven to 180degrees C
– Peel and core apples and cut into moons and cover the bottom of a medium sized baking dish.
– Add Raisins and 1 good pinch of sea salt sprinkled evenly
– Drizzle approx 1Tbls Brown Rice Syrup evenly over the apples.
– Put in the oven for 20min
– In a separate bowl add the oats, almond flour, coconut, 2 pinches of sea salt and mix
– In a small pan, melt coconut oil and 4Tbls rice syrup until combined and add to crumble mix. Mix in well. The mixture should become more like clusters and will be sticky
– After 20min take the apples out of the oven and mix in almond butter into the apples. It will become more like a puree as cooking apples lose their structure on cooking
– Then cover with crumble mixture and put back in the oven for another 15-20min or until golden brown
– Keep an eye on it as you want it to be golden but not burnt!
– Once done take out of the oven and eat it warm with a good serving of the vanilla cashew cream.