Crunchy Almond & Tahini Cookies
Print this recipe!
Yum yum yum! I love a good cookie and these are so simple and quick to make. This batch will fill up your whole cookie jar and I’ll bet good money that it won’t stay full for long.
- 120g Spelt Flour (Use Rice if you need Gluten Free)
- 180g Ground Almonds
- 2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 240ml Brown Rice Syrup or Maple Syrup
- 100g Home-made Tahini (See home-made tahini recipe under sauces and dips) Of course you can use store bought but I promise you the flavour is so much better with homemade!
- 3 Tbls Olive Oil
- 2 Tbls Vanilla Powder
- 1 Pinch Fine Sea Salt
- 26 Raw Whole Almonds
– Pre-heat oven to 175degrees C
– Mix all the dry ingredients together and in a separate bowl mix all the wet ingredients together (including the tahini)
– Mix all together and work it with your hands so that you get a nice stiff firm dough. It should not be dry though but also not sticky and wet
– Form the dough into a nice tidy ball and begin to break off small handfuls and roll into 4-5cm balls
– Oil some baking paper and place on a baking tray. Place each cookie dough ball in lines on the tray and press down on each one so that they are flattened in a nice thick cookie shape
– Keep going until you use up all the dough. Be warned – it is almost irresistible not to eat some cookie dough, especially for the kids!!
– Once all the cookies are tidily on the baking tray place a raw almond on the top of each cookie
– Put in the oven for 10min or until golden in colour
– Take out and leave to cool and set for at least 15min. They will come out of the oven a little chewy but will firm up and become lovely and crunchy once cooled
Voila! Enjoy xxx