Caramel Almond Brittle
Print this recipe!
This is the most simple & easy recipe ever but so unbelievably effective! Because it produces the most delicious, sweet and caramel refined sugar-free snack and topping in only a few moments.
Make a big batch and keep it in an air-tight glass container and you can sprinkle it on your porridge, desserts or just have it as a snack on it’s own. I know my daughter absolutely LOVES it as a snack so it is a real winner for the kids.
(Serves 5 portions)
- 110g Flaked Raw Almonds
- 150g Rice Malt Syrup, Rice Syrup or Maple Syrup.
- 1 Pinch of Sea Salt
– Add the almonds to a dry frying pan and begin to toast them over a medium/low heat
– Keep stirring them so that the heat evenly distributes across all the almonds and this will help stop it from catching (burning)
– After 3-5min you should start to smell the almond aroma and they should start to turn golden in colour
– As soon as this happens add a pinch of sea salt and the syrup and mix in really well
– Turn off the heat and leave to cool for 5-10min. As it cools it will become hard and crunchy like brittle
Voila! You’re done! Yup that’s it! Enjoy! xxx