Spiced Pumpkin, Maple and Chestnut Loaf
Print this recipe!
I have been practising slowing down a lot more lately. Trying to do less at the weekends and just get cosy at home with my hubby and daughter. I have to admit…I am absolutely loving it! Allowing myself to drop into my body more, letting my breath soften and my heart stay open.
Cosy socks, heating on full whack, lots of warm tea, cuddles, home yoga and doing puzzles together. Yes, truly practising the art of Hygge or maybe just surrendering fully to Autumn.
The perfect opportunity to get the oven going to make a warm toasty sweet loaf like this delicious recipe.
Pumpkin, Chestnut and Maple – this loaf is Autumn in every mouthful and will be enjoyed by the whole family. Please enjoy warm with plenty of butter or coconut butter and cosy up on the sofa in Hygge bliss.
- 300g Pumpkin
- 150g Spelt (or Chestnut Flour if Gluten Free)
- 150g Coconut Flour
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 1/2 Tsp Cardamom
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 1 Vanilla Pod
- Sea Salt
- 2 Eggs or Chia Eggs (4 Tbsp Chia Powder plus 8 Tbsp Water)
- 150ml Maple Syrup
- 50ml Olive Oil
- 280ml Pumpkin Puree
- 100ml Almond Milk
- 200g Cooked Chestnuts
- 150g Raisins
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
– First make your pumpkin puree. Peel and de-seed pumpkin and chop into small cubes. Steam for 20 mins or until nice and soft
– Then mix all dry ingredients together in one bowl except chestnuts and raisins
– Mix all wet ingredients together in another bowl, including pumpkin puree
– Mix wet ingredients with dry and mix in slowly but well
– Add the chestnuts finely chopped up and raisins and mix in well so they are evenly distributed
– Line a loaf tin with baking paper and lightly oil it
– Add mixture and bake in the oven for 35-40 mins or until a knife comes out clean
– Leave to cool for 10 mins
Voila! Ready to serve! Enjoy xxx