Scrambled Curried Tofu
Print this recipe!
This breakfast has become a real ‘go to’ for home weekend brunches.
Super quick, super delicious and just perfect as a veggie option for a cooked breakfast.
I love using the Clearspring silken tofu in this recipe as it is such good quality, organic and non-gmo. So I know I’m getting the best soybeans I can get.
Also as they’re stored in the long-life packets they’re such a great staple to have in the cupboards to whip up something delicious anytime I want.
I really hope you enjoy this!
- 800g Silken Tofu
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp Tamari
- 110g Kale Leaves (stripped and roughly chopped)
- 1 Medium Carrot (peeled and fine matchsticks)
- 2 Spring Onions (trimmed and finely sliced)
- 3 Tsp Curry Powder
- 3 Tsp Turmeric Powder
- 25g Ginger Root (grated and juice squeezed out)
- 1 Lime
– Drain your tofu block and place in a bowl. Now with your hands break it all up into a scrambled texture. Just keep squeezing it through your hands until it is well scrambled
– Heat up your sesame oil in a frying pan and add your onions with a good pinch of fine sea salt. Fry on a medium heat until they turn translucent
– Now add your carrot stick and kale leaves and with a spatula in each hand begin to mix it all together really well
– Add 1/4 cup water and keep mixing so that the veg begins to steam in the high heat. Keep stirring and mixing until the kale leaves begin to wilt and the carrot sticks soften
– Now add your tofu scramble and add another pinch of sea salt and your turmeric and curry powder spices
– Now mix everything really well together. Keep folding everything until all the tofu is well coated in spices and the veg is mixed in well
– If it gets too dry, add a little water to allow it to steam and soften
– Once everything is mixed in well and the tofu is softened, add your tamari and mix in well
– After about 7 mins of cooking add your lime juice and ginger juice and mix in well
– Tun off heat and serve with fresh spring onions on top
Voila! Enjoy! xx