Rose, Fig & Pistachio Raw Chocolate Brick
Print this recipe!
If you want something utterly decadent, sensual and delicious and a full on taste explosion in your mouth (and heart) then this chocolate brick recipe is it!
Every mouthful is either a piece of sweet dried fig, beautiful rich pistachio or delicate rose and all encased in a rich, creamy chocolate deliciousness.
This recipe is completely natural. No refined anything and incredibly simple to make. Perfect for a special evening with friends over, a family gathering or just for yourself when you need that extra bit of love and care.
Enjoy, indulge, love yourself and be kind
INGREDIENTS(Makes one 9inch x 9inch block)
- 150g Raw Cocoa Butter
- 55g Raw Cocoa Powder
- 140g Maple Syrup (Depending on how sweet you want it)
- 60ml Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Vegan Rose Water
- 150g Dried Figs, finely chopped
- 30g Pistachios
- 5-10g Dried Rose Petals
- 2-3 Pinches Sea Salt Crystals (Preferably Himalayan Sea Salt)
– First put some boiling water in the bottom of a pan and put a glass bowl on top of the pot. It is important that the bottom of the bowl does not touch the boiling water as this will burn the chocolate
– Put the pot on medium heat to bring it to high simmer
– Make sure there is no water in the bowl at all as this will make the chocolate split
– Roughly cut the cocoa butter into small pieces and add to the glass bowl and stir frequently to support it melting. Then add the coconut oil and continue until both are fully melted into liquid
– Now add the cocoa powder & maple syrup. Stir really well until everything is combined
– Take off the heat and remove the bowl from the pan
– Taste! Does it taste sweet enough for you? If not then add 1-2 tbls more of maple syrup
– Now add rose water to the chocolate mix. Add 1 tbsp at a time, tasting it as you go to get your desired strength
– Now line a 9inch by 9inch baking dish with baking paper and pour in 3/4 of the chocolate mix
– Sprinkle half of the dried figs, pistachios, rose petals and sea salt
– Put in the freezer for 20 minutes to semi set
– Take out of the freezer and pour over the rest of the chocolate so that it is all completely covered. Sprinkle on the remainder of the dried figs, pistachios and rose petals so that they are equally scattered across the chocolate block and lastly sprinkle the remainder of the salt crystals so they are equally spread too
– Now place the whole thing in the fridge to set overnight or the freezer to set for 2-3hrs
– Once done – take out and enjoy enjoy enjoy!