Pear & Rose Buckwheat Pancakes with Coconut Chocolate Sauce
Print this recipe!
Happy Pancake Day!
These pancakes are some of the fluffiest most delicious and easy pancakes I have ever made. And that is a big statement!
And this chocolate sauce is pure heaven.
So i’ll stop waffling on and let you enjoy this for yourselves.
INGREDIENTS(Makes 8 thick pancakes)
- 200g Buckwheat Flour
- 50g Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar
- 40g Desiccated Coconut
- 300-330ml Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 2 Eggs or 2 Chia Eggs
(2Tbl Chia Seed Powder & 4Tbls Water)
- 1 Vanilla Pod, Scraped
- 70g Creamed Coconut
- 70ml Almond Milk
- 70g Coconut Oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Heaped Tbsp Raw Cacao Powder
- Raw Pecans
- Coconut Flakes
- Rose Petals (optional)
– First sieve all the dry ingredients for the pancakes into a bowl and mix together
– Make a well in the centre and crack the eggs into the well. And add the almond milk and mix until well combined
– Set aside
– Make the sauce: Add all the sauce ingredients to a small pan, heat on a low/medium heat until melted and combined
– Take a small frying pan, heat up some coconut oil until melted. Add a ladle of pancake mix to the pan and fry on a medium heat until the batter starts to bubble and go golden brown. Then flip all pancakes over
– Let it fry on a low/medium heat for another few min or until the pancake is cooked all the way through
– Keep doing the same until you have used up all the batter and have a good high stack of pancakes
– Voila! Serve with a serving of maple syrup, pouring of chocolate sauce, chopped pears, pecans and some rose buds if you are using