Sweetcorn and Chive Soup
Print this recipe!
This soup is so light, sweet and delicious it feels like pure sunshine in a bowl. It is a perfect Summer evening dinner.
Sweetcorn is one of my favourite Summer vegetables. Energetically it is light, opening and all about stimulating the heart. Have you ever noticed that Sweetcorn makes you feel happy and how much children love it? In Macrobiotics it is one of the main vegetables for nourishing our Heart Energy, making us feel happier, more in tune with our needs and dreams, with more energy for connection and socialising.
I LOVE SWEETCORN!
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 White Onion, finely sliced
- 340g Can of Sweetcorn or 3 Corn on the Cob stripped (a handful held back for garnish)
- 500ml Vegetable Stock (See here for Stock recipe)
- 2-3 pinches Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp Clearspring White Miso Paste
- 2-3 Tbsp Fresh Chives, finely chopped (garnish)
– Heat coconut oil in a soup pot, add finely sliced onions and a pinch of salt. Fry them on a medium heat until they turn translucent
– Then add the sweetcorn and the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and turn down to a low heat. Let it simmer on a low heat for 5-10 minutes until the sweetcorn is soft
– Take off the heat and blend until creamy
– Then put the soup back on medium heat and add the white miso and another pinch of salt and mix in really well, stirring regularly so the miso dissolves evenly
– Serve the soup in individual soup bowls and sprinkle with a few of the sweetcorn kernels held back and chopped chives