Roasted Red Onions with Brown Rice Miso Paste
Print this recipe!
I know it may seem strange to eat red onions like this but I promise you, once you throw these beauties in the oven they will transform into the sweetest most delicious little things you’ve ever tried
Caramelised and sweet as red onion jam and balanced out with powerful immune boosting Brown Rice Miso Paste, this dish is so simple to make and so so satisfying to eat.
In Macrobiotics sweet cooked onions are one of the best dishes to eat to help relax a tight and contracted digestive system and stomach. Helping to promote more relaxation in our body and within ourselves, supporting a more clear and fluid flow of energy or qi. When we have more smooth flowing qi we get to feel much more alive in ourselves.
This is one of my favourite side dishes to add to the holiday feast table and takes minimal effort to make.
So I really hope you enjoy them too. Nicky x
- 6 Red Onions
- 1 Tbsp Brown Miso Paste
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
– Finely slice roots off both ends so that you have flat surfaces on both sides
– Peel and Halve the onions horizontally down the middle
– Place each half in a roasting dish and brush on miso paste over each half
– Drizzle olive oil over onions and sprinkle with a couple of pinches of salt
– Pour a small amount of water so it just covers the surface of the roasting tray and roast for 35-40 minutes or until they are nice and soft and a fork can easily go through them
– Remove from the oven when done
– To make a quick sauce: dissolve 1 tsp of miso paste in 1/4 cup boiling water and pour over the onion halves when serving
Voila! Ready to serve! Enjoy xxx