Roasted Beetroot & Rosemary Hummus
Print this recipe!
Hummus is such a staple in so many homes now a days and I don’t know many people who don’t love it. And for kids it is an absolute winner! For me it is such a useful food to have in the fridge for those days and moments when I need to put a simple and healthy meal or snack together quickly. Especially now that I am a mother!
I created this delicious Roasted Beetroot and Rosemary Hummus for my last 6 week course and I was amazed how utterly delicious and satisfying it was. It is absolutely full of flavour, colour and nutrition and will last happily in an air-tight container in your fridge for up to a week.
Beetroots are such a beautiful vegetable. Energetically they are all about stimulating our heart energy and when you look at their amazing deep pink colour it is so clear why.
It is so important to keep our heart energy flowing well as this is where we house our dreams and deepest longings. So often in Zen teachings the heart is known as our greatest and only guide and where we should tune in to for any need for direction or answers. We’ve all heard the phrase ‘listen to your heart’ well this is literally what we need to do most of the time.
Our heart energy can get blocked and stagnant from so many reasons such as too much work, over responsibility in life, excess meat and salt consumption and alcohol and drug consumption. Leading to feelings of depression, heart-break, negativity and lack of direction and dreams.
So lets take good care of our beautiful hearts so that we can become more in tune with our dreams and inner guides.
Ways to do this are to cut down meat and salt consumption, drink alcohol in moderation and avoid recreational drugs. Along with boosting foods such as fruit, salads, smoothies and vegetable juices.
Also emotionally doing heart meditations and journalling about our deepest dreams and longings will help to stimulate the heart energy more.
Roasting Beetroots bring out their sweet delicious earthy flavour and adding the rosemary alongside it adds such a rich and vibrant feel to this beautiful recipe turning it to a hummus recipe to seriously impress.
Serve it alongside my Black & White Sesame Seed Crackers (which will be on my site this week) and you’ll be finding excuses to snack all day long (like I did!).
It is so simple with such delicious results! The best kind of cooking!
- 2 Large Red Beetroot or 150g chopped Beetroot
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- 3 Large Sprigs of Rosemary (Just the leaves)
- 1 Can Organic Chickpeas or 250g Cooked Chickpeas
- 4 Tbls Tahini
- 1 Tsp – 1 1/2Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
– Pre-heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius
– Wrap both beetroot in tin foil and poke a few holes in them with either a fork or sharp knife so that they can breathe whilst in the oven. Place them in the oven for 45-50min or until you can easily poke a fork into them
– Once done let them cool for a few moments then peel the skin off with either your hands or a knife and cut them up into slices and add to a food processor or a mixing bowl if you are using a hand blender
– Add the garlic cloves, rosemary leaves and remaining ingredients
– Blend on a high speed blend for a good 3-4minutes until really nice and creamy.
– If you are using a hand blender you will need to make sure that all the rosemary leaves and garlic is properly blended
– Taste! Does it need another pinch of sea salt? If you feel yes then add a small pinch but not too much otherwise it may be too salty
– Blend again! And Voila! Ready to serve with crackers or crudités