Roasted Balsamic Rainbow Carrots with Coriander Seeds
Print this recipe!
I absolutely love the beautiful produce that is grown through the winter. There seems to be such a depth and earthiness to Winter Veg which is exactly what we need when the weather gets really cold. Something to ground us, warm us and nourish us on a deeper level from the inside out.
When I walked past these Organic Rainbow Carrots at my local veg store yesterday I literally could not not buy them. I mean the colours are so magical and make me happy just looking at them. Is that just me or do you feel happy too when you see naturally beautiful colourful veg?
There is something about colour isn’t there? That nourishes us on an emotional level. Like by default, just eating this beautiful natural colour is going to make us all fly off onto a magical rainbow and fill our hearts with fairy dust. Ok ok… did I take it a step too far? lol.
In all honesty, carrots are the perfect veg to roast and if you buy organic you don’t even need to take the skins off or tops off. Just cut them in half and throw them in. Simples.
In Macrobiotics and energetically carrots are incredibly nourishing for our lungs and are great for strengthening our focus and concentration. It’s no coincidence that the well known myth about carrots is that they help our eyesight. Eating them literally will help us see more clearly, more direct and more focused. If you look at them, they are so straight and then point at the end, the energy of them is straight, direct and strong. Can you feel it? Try not to think about it too much, just feel it.
Nutritionally they are full of Vitamin C, A and K and are full of fibre to help keep our digestive system strong and functioning efficiently. They are full of iron, potassium and manganese and they are a great source of antioxidant agents. They are also naturally sweet and eating lots of naturally sweet veg are particularly good for helping stem sugar and sweet cravings and keeping our pancreas in good health.
This recipe is super easy and one that can be used regularly.
- Organic Rainbow Carrots (Of course you can just use normal carrots if you don’t have rainbow ones)
- 1/2 Tbls Coriander Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Regular Olive Oil
- 1 Tbls Balsamic Vinegar
- 5-6 Sprigs of Rosemary
– Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celcius
– Cut the carrots in quarters lengthways – you do not have to peel them or cut the ends off. If they have mud on them then scrub this off and give them a good wash. If they are not organic then peel them and wash them
– Add them to a roasting/baking dish so that they are evenly spread out and add 1-2 Tbls of water to the bottom of the dish
– Sprinkle the coriander seeds on top evenly and the fine sea salt so that each carrot has a little on it
– Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar so that they are evenly covered and position the rosemary evenly across the dish
– Add to the oven and roast for 40-45min or until they are soft but not too soft. A fork should be able to go through one easily but you don’t want them falling apart or burning.
– To serve drizzle a little balsamic over the top and add some fresh rosemary for garnish
Voila! So simple right! Enjoy and may your focus and concentration be awesome today!