Quick Homemade Pickled Radish with Lemon Rind
Print this recipe!
Pickles are a funny one, they’re a bit like Marmite, you either love them or you hate them. Luckily I love them and so does my family, especially my baby daughter – and I say luckily because they are absolutely A.M.A.Z.I.N.G for our gut and overall digestive system as well as promoting our bodies natural detoxification process.
Eating pickles regularly will help your digestive system work more efficiently, promote amazingly healthy gut bacterial flora and keep your Liver Health at it’s optimal. Helping your energy and vitality to flow more giving you more creative inspiring energy.
INGREDIENTS & UTENSILS REQUIRED
(Makes 1.5 Ltr Jar)
- 1 Large Bunch of Radishes (approx 4 cups)
- Lemon Peel of 2 Lemons
- 1 Ltr Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbls Good Quality Sea Salt
- 0.5 Ltr Warm Boiled Water
- 1 x 1.5 Ltr Airtight Glass Jar
– Pre-heat your oven to 100 degrees and wash your glass jar with soap and water then inside the oven for a few minutes to sterilise it. Take out and leave to cool in a clean area
– Prepare your radishes by washing them, cutting them away from the stalks and cutting the tips off both ends. The cut them in halves or quarters – whichever size you’d prefer to have
– With a small knife peel off the lemon skin into long strips
– Place both radishes and lemon rind in the sterilised glass jar and add Apple Cider Vinegar
– Then add salt and fill the rest of the jar to the top with the warm boiled water.
– Close the jar properly so that it is completely airtight and leave to cool
– Once cool put in the fridge for at least 2 days and can be up to a week
– After at least 2 days take out and enjoy!
Voila! May your Gut be very happy and long living!