Liver Loving Pesto
Print this recipe!
This is the easiest recipe in the world but I must admit, I felt pretty awesome once I’d found the perfect balance and combination. Making a home-made pesto sounds so daunting but it is SO EASY! And you can add it to any dish and it will only add more deliciousness, colour and life to it.
I came up with this pesto because I wanted to teach my mother some new recipes that would help her current health problems. She suffers from a liver disease and is now trying to prolong her need for a transplant by eating a diet that will benefit her health. And that is where I come in. I’ve been teaching her quick and easy dishes that are light in protein, fat, free of processed foods and ones that will energetically help her liver to cleanse and detox as well as avoiding it to become more blocked and therefore more aggravated.
So I taught her the Herbed & Garlic Courgetti and this pesto as one of the first dishes which she absolutely loved and found it both fun and easy to make.
This pesto is great because it is nut and seed free and instead a very vibrant intense cocktail of fresh herbs, garlic, gherkins and good quality extra virgin oil and a little sea salt. All liver loving foods.
I really hope you enjoy it. We often have a bowl in our fridge and add it to almost everything!
- 2 Cups Rocket
- 1 Cup Parsley
- 1/2 Cup Coriander
- 1/2 Cup Mint
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Gherkins (Make sure they are sugar-free)
- 2 Pinches of Sea Salt
- 1 Cup – 1 1/2 Cups Extra Virgin Oil
– Add everything to a blender or nutribullet
– Blend till smooth. Taste! Does it need a little more salt? Another garlic? You play with it.
– Sometimes I add an extra small pinch of sea salt – for my mother I left it out. But for me and my husband I add it. You taste and see what you think.