Lemon and Pepper Chickpeas
Print this recipe!
Ahhh I love Chickpeas. I love the taste, shape, consistency, I just love them. They are an amazing source of protein and, like Butterbeans, are great for bringing in that natural creamy earthiness into your diet to nourish that part of you that just needs some comfort.
Also, the lovely addition of Lemon and Pepper to this recipe naturally activates our body’s detoxification and cleansing process, helping our Liver health to stay strong and our creativity to flow more.
This recipe is one of my, throw it together in 5seconds, type recipes. Because that is exactly what I did. So it’s simple, delicious and super easy.
- 600g Cooked Chickpeas (either cooked from scratch or from a can or jar)
- 2 Lemons
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- 2 Tbls Shoyu or Tamari (for gluten free)
– If cooking Chickpeas from scratch, soak them for an hour. Then add to a pressure cooker or large pot and double the amount of water. Bring to a boil or pressure then cook on a low/medium heat for 50min to an hour, until nice, soft and creamy
– Add Chickpeas to a bowl, squeeze the juice of both Lemons on top
– Add at least 4-5 turn on a pepper grinder and the Shoyu (or Tamari for gluten free)
– Drizzle olive oil on top