Butterbean Hummus Smokey Paprika
Print this recipe!
I love butterbeans! They are ‘wrap me in a swaddle and rock me to sleep type comforting’.
So creamy, rich and nourishing and utterly delicious. Perfect for those moments when we need that extra bit of comfort from our food and to nourish our Earth Element.
A great source of protein with a good old hit of heart warming spice from the Paprika. And so so simple to make. If you want to make this for the kiddies, leave out the paprika and add a touch of cinnamon or 1/4 sweet potato instead for added sweetness!
- 2 cans of Organic Butterbeans (make sure they are sugar free)
or 370g dry Butterbeans (They need to be soaked for at least an hour and cooked in a pressure cooker for 50min with 2 1/2 times the water)
- 1 spring onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 1 Tbls Balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbls Tahini
- 1 pinch – 1 Tbls Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbls Shoyu (Use Tamari if making GF)
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
– Put all ingredients into a mixing bowl except for the balsamic vinegar & shoyu (tamari if GF) and the smallest measurement of paprika
– In my experience every paprika is a little different, some much hotter than others. So start with a pinch and keep adding until it’s the right heat for you
– Blend well with a hand-held blender until smooth and creamy
– Have a taste to see whether you want it more salty or if it needs more seasoning.
– Add balsamic and shoyu
– Taste! Remember how important it is to taste your own food
– as I always say: Be the King (or Queen) of your own kitchen! Taste it and season it the way you like it!
– Transfer hummus to a bowl and sprinkle a little paprika on top for colour.
Voila! You’re done! Spread happily on everything!! Enjoy!