Revolutionary Sushi Rolls
Print this recipe!
These little beauties are amazingly vibrant. They are bursting with tanginess and will really revive your energy from the inside out.
As we’re still in Spring these rolls are a perfect snack or meal addition to support the beautiful ‘get up and go’ energy of this season.
- 4 Green Cabbage Leaves
- 1 x 250g Jar of Sauerkraut
- Sea Salt
- 4 Radishes
- 2 Tbls Black Sesame Seeds
– First bring a pot of salted water to a boil
– Once boiling add your cabbage leaves for literally 30seconds
– Take out and either put in a bowl of ice cold water immediately or put in a colander and run under the cold tap. This will stop the cooking process and the cabbage will keep it’s bright green colour
– Once cooled, take each cabbage leaf and put approx 1 -2 tbls of Sauerkraut about 1 inch from one side edge and spread it evenly along the leaf in a thin line
– Then start rolling the leaf around the sauerkraut and keep rolling until everything is tightly packed inside
– Cut the roll into 2 or 3 small bite sized pieces and continue making the rest – Once you have done them all and all the pieces are nicely on a plate. Take the radishes and grate them into a bowl
– Add a little grated radish to the top of each cabbage roll then sprinkle the black sesames over the whole plate
– Voila! You’re done. So easy right! Enjoy with pretty much anything
If you wanted you could also use half cabbage sauerkraut and half beetroot sauerkraut to add more colour! Enjoy x
May your liver live long and be very happy after these! Love Nx