Green Pea & Quinoa Fusilli with Watercress Coconut Pesto
Print this recipe!
This simple but delicious Spring pasta dish is a true revelation. Green on green on green, fully of vibrant Spring energy and absolutely delicious.
I used Clearsprings New Green Pea & Quinoa Fusilli which I was lucky enough to be sent a box to try out. And I must say it is the best Gluten Free pasta I have had yet. Full of only real and simple ingredients, nothing refined and all organic. The pasta cooked beautifully and stayed bouncy and delicious till serving. None of that gluten-free gloop I so often find with gluten-free products. It took only a few minutes to make and 1 box served enough for 3-4 people so perfect for a family or to have for left-overs.
Right now all I can see when I look out in my garden is an explosion of green so unsurprisingly eating plenty of green at this time of year is amazing for keeping our body, energy and health in balance.
Watercress is an amazing superfood vegetable and one of my favourites. Full of Vitamin K which is strengthening for the bones and keeps away neuronal damage in the brain, it is an incredibly healing food. Also full of Vitamin C, A, Manganese and Antioxidants.
It is incredibly good for keeping our Liver Energy good and strong, keeping our creative expression and vitality flowing and helping our body’s natural detoxification process to work efficiently and regularly. It also has an amazing pungent flavour to it with a hot peppery hit which will clear out your sinuses I can tell you!
This dish just tastes like spring with every mouthful and is so quick and easy to make it will perk up any weekday dinner anytime.
- 250g Clearspring Green Pea & Quinoa Fusilli
- 200g Frozen or Fresh Peas
- 100g Fresh Spinach Leaves
- Salted Boiling Water to cover
- 200g Fresh Watercress
- 100g Fresh Parsley
- 100g Fresh Mint
- 3 Medium Garlic Cloves
- 100ml-150ml Coconut Oil (Melted)
- 1 1/4 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Black Pepper
– Bring two pots of salted water to a boil and once it is rolling add the fusilli to cook in one pot for approx. 6 minutes or until al dente and cooked. Add the frozen peas to the other and cook on a rolling boil for approx. 5min. Strain and leave aside
– Add all the pesto ingredients to a blender or food processor using the smallest amount of coconut oil first and blend well till all smooth
– If it is too thick then add the remainder of the coconut oil
– Once the pesto is done – serve up your pasta in dishes, spoon in 2-3tbls of pesto into each bowl and a portion of peas and mix in gently
– Finish it off with some fresh spinach leaves on top
Voila! You’re done. Enjoy x