Garlic Herbed Courgetti
Print this recipe!
Oh Spiralizer spiralizer how I love you! I feel like I have been really far behind with what’s new and hip out there in the world of food. I have seen it used so many times on instagram, tv, magazines and for some reason just never got round to getting one. UNTIL NOW!! Wow – it is amazing! I love it so much! So much so that I wanted to literally make spaghetti noodles out of every bit of veg and fruit in the house last night!
In all seriousness this dish is perfect for when you want something a little lighter then a bowl of pasta or spaghetti. A perfect summer dish – courgettes are in season and grow so abundantly, add the fresh garlic and herbs and it is such a delicious, light and fresh meal. In this combination I used basil & parsley – I have done this before using sage, coriander, chives.
Dishes like this are so great for helping my Liver detox and lighten up my energy flow and creative inspiration. So great after I’ve had a phase of eating too many cakes, bread, crackers, nut butter etc etc. If you have a phase like that then spend 3-4 days just eating light green veg and proteins with lots of fresh herbs and green juices and you’ll notice an unbelievable difference in your energy flow. That is your Liver detoxing and our Liver is where all our creative expression lives. So it’s important to keep it in good shape.
You can serve this dish with Tempeh Cutlets or any protein really. A lovely piece of ethically caught white fish would be delicious.
- 3 Med/Large Courgettes
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 20g Basil Leaves
- 15g Parsley
- 2 Med White Onions
- Sea Salt
- Olive Oil
- 1 Block of Tempeh
- Sesame Oil
– Cut off the ends of the courgettes and using a spiralizer make them into large noodles. Keep aside in a bowl
– Finely mince the onion and finely slice the garlic. Chop the herbs but not too much as they will start to turn black. Keep some fresh basil leaves for garnish later on
– Heat up 2-3 tbls of olive oil in a frying pan and add the onions with a good pinch of sea salt and turn the heat down to med/low. Do not let the oil burn too high. Fry for a few minutes until the onions start to turn translucent
– Add the garlic and herbs and mix in well – add another 2 pinches of sea salt. Sautee for 1-2min and then take off heat and pour into a separate bowl
– Heat up 1-2tbls of olive oil in the same pan used before and add the courgette noodles
– Add another 2-3 pinches of fine sea salt and mix well – let it sautee for 3-4min until you can see the noodles start to lose their ‘rawness’ and soften a little. Then turn off heat and mix in the herbed/garlic mixture.
– Transfer to a serving bowl and add fresh basil leaves over the top
– Slice your block of tempeh into fingers. Heat up 2-3tbls sesame oil in the same frying pan and add the tempeh. Fry for 3min on each side or until they have turned golden brown. Then take off heat
Voila! Ready to serve! Enjoy x