Caramelised Whole Roasted Baby Carrots
Print this recipe!
Oh my word are these little beauties absolutely delicious! And so so easy and cheap to make! Carrots are such an amazing vegetable and they are seasonal both through Winter and Summer and this makes me very happy.
And here I am getting my beloved Sweet & Salty combination going on. So much yum.
- 500g Organic Whole Baby Carrots (take off the green tops first)
- 2 Tbls Maple Syrup
- 2 Tbls Brown Rice Syrup
- Sea Salt
- 2 Tbls Shoyu or Tamari if GF
- 3 Tbls Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 Tbls Toasted Sunflower Seeds
- Olive Oil
– Pre-heat the oven to 200degrees celsius
– Wash the carrots and take off their green tops. If they are organic you don’t need to peel them just give them a good scrub
– Cut off the ends and place in a roasting tray
– Sprinkle on 2-3 pinches of sea salt. Add 1/2 the maple syrup and 1/2 brown rice syrup and a good drizzle of olive oil so that each carrot has some oil on them. Mix in really well.
– Add to the oven for 20min
– Take out after 20min and give it a good mix and add the remaining syrups
– Roast for another 20min
– Take out when they are nice and soft and it is easy to put a fork through them
– Drizzle the shoyu/tamari over them and add the seeds and mix well
Voila! Ready to eat! Enjoy xxx