Apple, Rhubarb & Strawberry Fizz
Print this recipe!
This summer mocktail is as seasonal as they get. Beautiful sweet apples, slight tang from the rhubarb and delicious summer strawberries. All mixed together with mint, lime, maple and fizz.
So refreshing, so simple and so delicious. And if you really want to pimp it up add a shot of Gin or Vodka! Perfect for any summer party or BBQ.
- 50g Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1Ltr Apple & Rhubarb Juice
- 1Ltr Soda or Sparkling Water
- 200g Strawberries (Sliced)
- 70mls Maple Syrup
- 3 Medium Fresh Limes (Juiced)
- Ice (Crushed if possible)
– Add the juice, sparkling water & maple syrup to a large jug or punch bowl.
– In a separate jug or pestle & mortar add the fresh mint leaves and lime juice.
– Pummel the mint leaves and lime juice really well for a few minutes so all the leaves are
broken down into the lime juice.
– Add this mixture to the juice/fizz mix.
– Now slice your strawberries into medium to thick slices and add to the mix.
– Keep a few whole strawberries to the side to use as decoration on the serving glasses.
– Add a few cubes of ice to the whole mix and leave for the flavours to mix and for it to cool for at least 20min.
– To serve: Fill up glasses with crushed or cubes of ice. Pour in the drink generously. Place a whole strawberry with a slice down the middle onto the side of the glass.