Fiery Cajun Sweet Potato & Coriander Seed
Print this recipe!
Sweet Potatoes are one of my all time favourite vegetables.
In my opinion they are amazing on their own but sometimes I just want to jazz them up a bit to enjoy a combination of sweet with savoury and fire. This dish is utterly delicious and a perfect simple dinner dish to make.
In Macrobiotics, all the sweet root veg are particularly medicinal for helping to relax our stomach and solar plexus. Such common areas to get tight and contracted causing all sorts of horrible symptoms and health issues. More often than not, we hold so many of our emotions in these two areas, causing them to contract leading to difficulty with digestion, appetite and bloating. The more we can help our stomachs and solar plexus relax, the more we can let go of all the holding and the more energy, emotions and life force (or qi) will flow freely. And of course relieving all the horrible symptoms.
So all hail to lots of naturally soft, sweet veg! In all honesty I say this dish can serve 4 but I am most likely to eat it all to myself!.
- 2 Large Sweet Potato
- 1 Tsp Cajun Spice
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- 1 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 1 Tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 2-3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
– Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius
– Peel and slice your sweet potatoes into half moons approx 1/2cm thick. Obviously this doesn’t need to be exact but just try and make sure all are relatively even so they bake evenly
– Spread the sweet potato evenly in a roasting dish, try and make sure they are spread out not over lapping each other
– Drizzle olive oil, sprinkle salt and sprinkle spices and add coriander seeds so that each piece is evenly covered. Now with your hands or with two spoons, mix everything in well and reposition the pieces back in place
– Put in the oven to bake for 30 mins. Take out and turn each piece over. Place back in the oven and bake for another 10-15 mins or until they turn a lovely golden caramelised colour. Do not let them go black
– Take out and sprinkle fresh parsley as garnish. Serve and eat hot.
Voila! Ready to serve! Enjoy xxx