Spiced Pumpkin Waffles
Print this recipe!
Pumpkins pumpkins everywhere! They are so beautiful and each one looks so different and unique and they are full of so much natural sweetness and goodness. Pumpkins for me are the epitome of Autumn and when I get to my local farmers market and see big baskets full like the photo above I really start to feel that wonderful festive feeling, knowing we are only a few weeks until Thanks Giving and then Christmas. I’m really starting to get excited!!
Today though is Halloween so I thought it was the perfect day to share this recipe with you.
- 300g Spelt or Buckwheat Flour
- 1 1/2 Tbls Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 240ml Almond or Rice Milk
- 220g Pumpkin
- 2 Tbls Chia Powder dissolved in 4 Tbls water or 2 Organic Free Range Eggs
- 2 Tbls Apple Juice Concentrate, Rice Syrup or Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbls Apple Jam/Spread (Optional)
- Olive or Coconut Oil for the waffle iron only
– Peel and chop the pumpkin into small pieces and steam for 15min or until really nice and soft.
– Blend into a puree.
– Mix all the dry ingredients together and separately mix all the wet ingredients together (including the puree).
– Mix together into a nice thick batter.
– Heat up the waffle iron until it is nice and hot and brush on olive or coconut oil so it is well oiled.
– Pour in some waffle batter so it covers the base of the waffle iron and close the lid.
– Leave cooking until nice and golden brown on the top.
– Keep going until all the batter is used up.
Voila! You’re done! Enjoy xxx