Raw Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
Print this recipe!
There are times in my life when I just need chocolate! Usually when I am feeling tired or overworked or just need that extra bit of comfort. So perfecting the recipe for this spread has made me very happy because it is absolutely delicious! And so easy to make!
Raw Cocoa is a pretty amazing product. A few years ago I spent some time in the Amazon in Peru with some indigenous people and learnt a lot about the plants they used as medicine and in ceremony. They would drink Cocoa tea with the leaves and use it in ceremonies to give pristine focus, to open the third eye of intuition and to open hearts. And that is exactly what I experience when using it too and why I feel I crave it when I’m tired or in need of some comfort. It is my heart needing some energy and nourishment.
What I also notice is that if I have it too much or too regularly I start to feel more tired and my energy levels begin to deplete. And this is because Cocoa is a tropical plant and has very strong expansive energy – and eating foods that are tropical and have such strong expansive energy is depleting on our Kidney Energy, our deep inner life-force. So, for me Cocoa is something I love and enjoy and at the same time I eat it with awareness. And as soon as I notice my energy is starting to feel tired I make a choice to leave it for a few weeks to make sure I am taking care of my health and well being.
And the great thing is you can put this spread in an airtight container in the fridge and it will last for several weeks so you can take your time eating it.
- 180g Hazelnuts
- 2 Heaped Tablespoons Raw Cocoa Powder
- 75g Maple Syrup
- 2-4 Tbls Rice Milk
- Pinch of Sea Salt
– Pre-heat oven to 180degrees and toast hazelnuts for 10min or until they are golden brown and skins start to flake off
– Take them out and let them cool off for 5-10min
– Then add to food processor with a pinch of sea salt and turn on highest power for up to 10min.
– They will start to turn into a paste and their natural oils will start to come out.
– Once you get a paste time consistency add the maple syrup and keep mixing.
– If it still needs more liquid then add the rice milk 1tbls at a time while it is mixing.
– It is done once you get a very creamy delicious looking spread!
Voila! Enjoy xx