Peek-a-Boo Strawberry & Cream Cupcakes
Print this recipe!
These cupcakes are just a bit special, as I created them on the day of The Summer Solstice AND it was also Fathers Day. So they are filled with extra special magic and love – the two most important ingredients! Now with Wimbledon on this week and this unbelievable heat wave happening, Strawberries and Cream is just an absolute must. Put all that in some beautiful, fluffy and delicious cupcakes and we’re on to a winner, promise!
I had so much fun coming up with this recipe because it is just a little bit different and they look so beautiful at the end. Also I used milled chia seeds as the binder and I find these pretty amazing for creating that lovely fluffiness in vegan baking that without can be a bit dry.
I really hope you enjoy them!
- 210g GF Self-Raising Flour
- 210g Spelt Flour (Rice Flour or Buckwheat if you need GF)
- 1 1/2 Tbls Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Sea Salt
- 2 Tbls Milled Chia Seeds (Should be a powder)
- 4 Tbls Water
- 120ml light vegetable oil (Olive, coconut, sunflower)
- 300g Maple Syrup
- 300ml Amasake + 60ml Cup Rice Milk or 360ml Rice Milk
- 1 Tbls Vanilla
- 30g Raw Cocoa Nibs
- 1 Punnet of Strawberries
- 370g Coconut Cream
- 230g Soaked Cashew Nuts (Soaked for 20min-1hr)
- 150g Rice Syrup
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
– Put all ingredients in a food processor and blend on a high blend until you get a very thick creamy frosting, approx 8-10min.
– Taste it – add more sweetener if you thick it needs it.
– Then transfer to a bowl and put in the freezer to set for at least 2hrs
– Pre-heat oven to 180degrees C
– Put all dry ingredients together and mix in a bowl
– Mix chia powder and water together so you get a thick egg type consistency in a separate small bowl
– Mix all wet ingredients together in a separate mixing bowl and add chia seeds. Mix really well (Can blend with a hand blender if you need to smooth out the chia seeds)
– Mix dry and wet ingredients together – do not over mix, just enough for all lumps to be gone
– Place cupcake holders into a cupcake tin and fill each holder 1/4 full
– Then place 1 strawberry in each holder (take stalks off) with the pointy side facing upwards
– Sprinkle some Cocoa Nibs into each holder
– Then with the rest of the batter cover the strawberries and fill the holders to 3/4 full and strawberries are completely covered.
– Put in the oven and bake for 15-20min or until you can put a skewer in it and it comes out clean
– Take out and leave to cool for at least 15min
– Once cool take out your icing and place in a piping bag and start to pipe icing onto each cupcake
– Place a slice or half a strawberry on each cupcake for garnish
Voila! Beautiful Peek-A-Boo Strawberry and Coconut Cream Cupcakes! Enjoy xx