Vanilla Pear & Plum Muffins
Print this recipe!
Holy moly are these babies are keeper! They are light and fluffy and absolutely jam packed full of our UK Autumn seasonal fruits. And I mean sometimes there is nothing better then a good muffin right? They are perfect for breakfast, a snack, tea time, dessert. I mean what’s not to like!
And because there is so much fruit in this recipe it is almost impossible to make these too dry as I know some dairy free and wheat free muffins can be. But I promise you that these ones are moist, sweet and absolutely to die for.
I use spelt flour in this recipe which is wheat free but not gluten free so for those of you that are also gluten free I think you could try it out with half buckwheat flour and half chestnut flour. Let me know how it goes.
- 230g Spelt Flour
- 50g Almond Flour
- 150g Brown Rice Syrup
- 55ml Apple Juice Concentrate
- 2 Tsp Baking powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Ripe Plum peeled & cubed
- 2 Pears peeled & cubed
- 1 egg or 1Tbls Chia seed powder mixed with 2 Tbls water
- 55ml Olive Oil
- 110ml Rice or Almond milk
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Powder or 1 Tbls Vanilla Essence
– Pre-heat the oven to 180degrees celsius
– Peel & cube the fruit into small cubes. Keep the pear and plums separate.
– Mix all dry ingredients together but put everything through a sieve to sift through all lumps
– Separately mix all wet ingredients together with a whisk
– Mix wet with dry ingredients well so that there are no more lumps of flour but do not over mix as you will lose a lot of the air which creates the lovely fluffiness
– Lastly mix in all the fruit
– Take a cupcake or muffin tray and oil each muffin mould well with a little oil. You can use your finger to make sure all areas are well oiled. Then sprinkle a little flour over each one.
– Pour in muffin mix with a small ladle into each mould until it reaches the top of each mould.
– Put into the oven for 20min or until you can stick a knife in it and it comes out clean.
– Leave to cool in the trays for at least 5 minutes. Then carefully remove and leave to cool for a further 10min on a wire rack.
Voila! They are ready to be devoured! Perfect with a good lashing of my Vanilla Cashew Cream (see recipe). Enjoy! xxx