“Everything In” Breakfast Bars
Print this recipe!
So as some of you may know, I was travelling over the weekend with my daughter to Malaysia to stay with my mamma for Christmas. I travelled alone with my daughter as my husband won’t be able to join us until next week and I was pretty nervous before hand. So, we had an 18hour journey ahead of us and that meant lots of organisation on my part to make sure that we were both well taken care of.
We were able to eat dinner before we got on the plane but I wanted to have something nutritious, delicious and easy to travel with for my daughter and I to eat for breakfast the next morning rather than a horrible airplane breakfast. And so I came up with this breakfast bar recipe. It is absolutely perfect and so so delicious and they worked really really well. I literally listed all the things that I would usually use to make my daughters porridge in the morning plus a few added extras and that is what goes in these bars.
So I really hope you enjoy them!
- 115g Tahini
- 100g Coconut Oil
- 150g Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 Ripe Banana
- 180g Jumbo Oats (GF Oats if you need them)
- 60g Sugar-free Cranberries
- 75g Raisins
- 50g Desiccated Coconut
- 65g Pumpkin Seeds
- 70g Sunflower Seeds
- 65g Cashew Nuts
- 75g Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
– Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
– In a small pan heat up the tahini, rice syrup and coconut oil until you get a thick creamy paste
– Pour the creamy mixture into a large mixing bowl and one by one add in all the remaining ingredients. Mix well with a spoon. You are aiming to get a delicious sticky mixture, not too wet
– Pour the mixture into an baking dish that is lined with lightly oiled baking paper and press down with a spatular or even better your hand so that it is really firmly set in the dish. Press down harder then you think is necessary and if you want you can even use a rolling pin. The firmer you pack it in the tighter everything will stick together
– Bake in the oven for between 20-25minutes until the top begins to turn golden and you can stick a knife into the centre and it comes out clean
– As soon as its out of the oven cut the individual slices you want to make into bars now whilst it’s still soft
– Then leave to cool in the coolest part of you kitchen for 15-20min – this is important as it needs this time to set properly
Once cool serve and enjoy x