Coconut & Blueberry Chia Pot with Vanilla Pecan Cream
Print this recipe!
This is such a delicious and easy little chia pot to enjoy. We’ve had it as breakfast, a snack, dessert and it hits the spot every time.
Now that we are in full blown Spring I am finding myself craving lighter foods, especially for breakfast but I’m just not 100% ready for raw all the way. Chia is one of my favourite ways to bring in that delicious fresh lightness but still get the comforting richness all at the same time.
For me, having too many baked sweet things can create tightness and a heaviness in my body, especially for my stomach and digestive system. And I’m just not cravings the warming porridges anymore. So I made up this lovely little sweet pot of goodness to balance out what it was that I was needing. Light and relaxing for the stomach,easily digestible for the digestive system and so sweet and delicious it’ll hit that sweet cravings spot in one go!
Also, I love how this pot has 3 different contrasting layers. Light fresh coconut chia, rich decadent pecan cream and the raw vibrancy of the berries. A good balance all round!
Enjoy my lovelies
- 80g Chia Seeds
- 600ml Almond or Rice Milk
- 120g Vanilla or Plain Coconut Yoghurt
- 3 Tbls Maple Syrup or Brown Rice Syrup
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 180g Pecans (Soaked for 1/2-1hr in boiling water & drained)
- 1 Vanilla Pod (Scraped)
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 120ml Almond or Rice Milk
- 80g Maple Syrup or Brown Rice Syrup
- 2 Punetts of Fresh Blueberries (Washed really well)
- 40g Toasted Coconut Chips for Garnish
– First lets make the chia pudding. Add all the ingredients (Excluding the chia seeds) to a bowl and blend till creamy. Now add the chia seeds and mix really well
– Leave to sit. After 30min stir well and leave again. Stir again after another 30min.
– After 1hr it should be ready to eat but you can leave it sitting in your fridge for longer and it will continue to keep expanding and soaking up the liquid
– Whilst letting the chia pudding soak, drain off your pecans and add to a blender or nutribullet. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend till you have a thick double cream consistency
– Once the chia is ready, layer chia pudding in the bottom of a glass or dessert bowl. Then add a layer of the pecan cream. Then add fresh blueberries on the top with toasted coconut chips.
Voila! Ready to serve. Enjoy x